TheHypeSociety cares about your privacy.
Effective Date: 01/05/2023
In this policy, “we,” “our,” or “us” refers to The Hype Society, an entity registered as The Hype Society Pty Ltd (ABN 77 652 173 610).
Personal information refers to any information about you that reveals your identity or can reasonably ascertain it. This may also include Sensitive Information, as defined below.
Sensitive Information includes details about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health or medical information, or criminal records.
This policy covers Personal Information collected directly from you when you contact us, access our website at www.thehypesociety.com.au (Website), make an inquiry, or agree to receive our digital marketing services (Services).
We may modify or add to this policy from time to time.
Other Policies and Terms and Conditions
Please note that your use of our Website and Services is also subject to our General Terms and Conditions. You can find these General Terms and Conditions here: [Link to the General and Service Terms: https://www.thehypesociety.com.au/general-and-service-terms/]
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you at various stages, including:
Information necessary to provide our Services: When you sign up for our Services or make an inquiry, we collect information such as:
- Your name
iii. Telephone number
- Domain name
- Email addresses of your primary and secondary contacts
- Financial information, including credit card and debit card details
- Non-personally identifying information: We may log the following information for statistical and marketing purposes:
- Server address
- Top-level domain name (.com, .gov, etc.)
iii. Date and time of visit
- Pages accessed
- Documents downloaded
- Referring site
- Type of browser
- We will not record any identifying details (such as name and IP address) of individual users or their browsing activities unless directed to do so by law enforcement agencies.
- For our staff, contractors, and job applicants, we collect Personal Information such as names, addresses, contact details, and work experience.
- We may also collect demographic information.
- We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of other websites you may access through our site, or the level of our customers’ compliance with our code.
Use of Personal Information
- We use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services. We will use your Personal Information to:
- Provide sales and technical support
- Handle billing and credit control
- Offer product upgrades and information
- Send renewal notices
- Share maintenance notices and system changes
- Perform other functions relevant to the Services we provide
- Additionally, we may use your Personal Information for related purposes, such as:
- Measuring your experiences with our products, Services, and Website to improve and develop them
- Contacting you regarding upgrades, special offers, newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits
- Using your responses to surveys or interactive communications to enhance our products and Services
- Identifying the source of new customers
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to any third party. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Providing and improving our Services
- Billing and credit control
- Legal compliance
- Enforcement of our General Terms and Conditions
- With your consent
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, and service providers who need to access the information to provide you with our Services.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to government agencies, regulators, and law enforcement agencies where required or authorised by law.
- We do not disclose your Personal Information to any overseas recipients.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, misuse, and disclosure. We use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
Our employees and contractors are trained to handle Personal Information securely and are required to comply with our privacy policies and procedures.
Despite our efforts to protect your Personal Information, no data transmission over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information during transmission to our Website or while in storage on our systems.
Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
You may make a request for access or correction by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time, and we may charge you a reasonable fee for accessing your Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
- We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- When we no longer require your Personal Information for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at:
The Hype Society
Email: [email protected]
We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and may require additional information from you to help us respond to your request or complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) for further assistance.
Last updated: May 17, 2023